COMMUNITY ALLIANCE AWARDS RECIPIENTS
Recognition of an organization or individual outside the profession who have made significant contributions to the improvement of the Bay Area’s built environment. Contributions may include advancement or development of initiatives that promote excellence in architecture; the commissioning of notable additions to the built environment; or activities that raise the public’s consciousness of the importance of excellent design in the shaping of our world and culture.
- San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development (2015)
- Carla Jean Johnson, City and County of San Francisco, Mayor's Office on Disability* (2016)
- Steven H. Oliver, Oliver Ranch (2016)
- Community Arts Stabilization Trust (2017)
- San Francisco Department of the Environment (2017)
EMERGING PROFESSIONALS AWARD
Recognition of an individual Associate AIA member or an AIA Architect member who has been registered 10 years or less who exemplifies the highest qualities of leadership and who has demonstrated an unparalleled commitment to AIA San Francisco, to the design and construction industry, to the community, or to other professional organizations.
- Daniel Johnson, WRNS (2015)
- Lily Weeks, Assoc. AIA, WRNS (2016)
- KIDmob (2016)
- Je'Nen Chastain, Assoc. AIA, Heller Manus (2017)
- Amélie-Phaine Crowe, Assoc. AIA, DLR Group | Kwan Henmi (2017)
Recognition of an organization or individual for excellence in the advancement of architectural education through teaching, design, scholarship, research, or service.
- Build San Francisco Institute (2015)
- Leap, Arts in Education (2015)
- Archibald Woo, AIA, Wooarchitecture (2016)
- Center for Art and Public Life, California College of the Arts (2017)
- Sandra Vivanco, AIA SEED, California College of the Arts (2017)
Recognition of an organization or individual for their commitment in guiding their fellow professionals as they progress through all stages of their career.
- Michael Bernard, Virtual Practice Consulting (2015)
- Roland Lau, Perkins Eastman (2015)
- Doris Guerrero, AIA, California College of the Arts (2016)
- Prescott Reavis, Asian Neighborhood Design (2017)
Recognition of an individual student, student team, or student organization who have demonstrated a commitment to the community or the building industry.
- ARH 250 Studio, California College of the Arts (2016)
- Guerrilla Street Museum, Academy of Art University (2016)
FIRM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Recognition of an architecture firm for outstanding contributions to the community, advancement of the profession, intern development, or for producing distinguished architecture.
- Herman Coliver Locus Architecture (2015)
- Siegel & Strain Architects (2016)
- The Community Design Center (2016)
- David Baker Architects (2017)
SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD
Recognition of an organization or individual for extended commitment to community service or significant contribution evidenced by a positive impact on urban, environmental, or neighborhood issues.
- 1+ program of Public Architecture (2015)
- CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) (2015)
- Precita Eyes Muralists Association (2015)
- Deanna Van Buren, Designing Justice + Designing Spaces & FOURM design studio (2016)
- Lava Mae (2016)
- Rebuilding Together San Francisco (2016)
- Asian Neighborhood Design (2017)
- La Cocina (2017)
- Donald Falk, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Center (2017)
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AWARD
Recognition of an organization or individual who serve as elected or appointed officials, public administrators or institutional leaders who establish and contribute to the development of laws, regulations, policies or initiatives that promote excellence in architecture.
- Lizzy Hirsch, San Francisco Department of Public Works (2015)
- Diana Sokolove, San Francisco Planning Department (2016)
- Robin Abad Ocubillo, San Francisco Planning Department (2017)
- Phil Ginsburg, San Francisco Recreation and Park Department (2017)
CHAPTER SERVICE AWARD
Recognition of the work of an organization or individual who, by their skill, professionalism, dedication, ability and commitment, or volunteer contributions, have consistently advanced the common goals of AIA San Francisco.
- Charles M. Salter Associates (2015)
- Paul Adamson, FAIA TCA Architects (2015)
- Catherine Nueva-España (2016)
- Associated Lighting Representatives (2016)
- John Sealander, AIA, Ratcliff (2016)
- Ed Ong, FAIA (2017)
- Joel Tomei, FAIA (2017)
Recognition of business owners, property owners, or a developer who have enhanced the community by making significant improvements to their properties, which have, in turn, had a positive impact on the surrounding area.
- ACT Strand Theater (2015)
- Friends of the Urban Forest (2015)
- PROXY (2016)
- 826 Valencia (2017)
- Bayview Opera House (2017)
- FOR-SITE Foundation (2017)
CITIZEN ARCHITECT AWARD
Recognition of life-long contributions to the community by individuals whose hard work and achievements have largely gone unrecognized.
- Rose McNulty, AIA, Asian Neighborhood Design* (2016)
- John Schlesinger, AIA, John Schlesinger, A.I.A., Architect (2016)
- David Meckel, FAIA, California College of the Arts (2017)