Join us for the 2019 NEXT/GEN ARCHITECTURE conference and be part of the ongoing conversation about projects and practices of the next generation of the architecture and design profession. From equitable and sustainable innovations to technological tools for change, NEXT will showcase Business, Design, and Technology sessions that will create inspiring and empowering experiences, feature interactive and engaging learning, and showcase emerging trends and innovations as part of the local effort towards a sustainable future.
NEXT Generation Architecture aims to:
- Look for the next BIG IDEA for the profession;
- Leverage technology in the advancement of design;
- Utilize the best of science in the development of new materials, including biology and chemistry;
- Share the tools for design outside of the profession with the advancement of augmented reality and virtual reality;
- Establish physical, economic, and social resiliency in the face of global economic and climate change;
- Challenge and investigate new and emerging technologies for construction delivery;
- Demonstrate new ways to practice architecture.
How can architects use their talents, tools, and values to meet these goals and how can the profession grow its relevance in the process? The conference endeavors to set a new standard for sustainable urban development and to rethink how we plan, manage, and live in our communities.
Day 1: NEXT Generation Architecture
Thursday, June 27 | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Join us in the historic Golden Gate Club at The Presidio and be part of the ongoing conversation about projects and practices of the next generation of the architecture and design profession. From equitable and sustainable innovations to technological tools for change, NEXT offers Business, Design, and Technology tracks that will create inspiring and empowering experiences, feature interactive and engaging learning, and showcase emerging trends and innovations as part of the local effort towards a sustainable future. Attendees will have the opportunity to take a mid-day tour of some of the Presidio's latest attractions including a sneak peek at the plans for a new 14-acre park destination, the Presidio Tunnel Top.
Day 2: NEXT Housing Symposium
Friday, June 28 | 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Keynote speaker Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) joins AIASF for this half-day symposium that opens up the discussion on statewide and regional policies and practices. How will SB50 and other pending legislation affect San Francisco’s neighborhoods and Peninsula communities? We encourage attendees to be part of the conversation that will examine public transit, affordable housing, density and other issues impacting the Bay Area.
Note: The conference is open to all AIA members, however, if you are an AIA member but not a member of the AIASF chapter, please inquire with your local chapter office if a member promo code applies.
Full Conference (Thursday, 6/27 & Friday, 6/28)
- Advanced Admission (June 1-25): $225 ($180 AIA Member/$45 Student Allied)
- Late/Walk-up Entry: $250 ($200 AIA Member/$50 Student Allied)
Day 1 Conference (Thursday, 6/27 only)
- Advanced Admission (June 1-25): $180 ($135 AIA Member/$35 Student Allied)
- Late/Walk-up Entry: $200 ($150 AIA Member/$40 Student Allied)
Day 2 Conference Symposium (Friday, 6/28 only)
- Advanced Admission (June 1-25): $90 ($60 AIA Member/$25 Student Allied)
- Late/Walk-up Entry: $100 ($80 AIA Member/$35 Student Allied)
First-time registrants*: everyone is welcome to attend our programs. You do not need to be an AIA member to register, but you will need to create an account on the aiasf.org website to sign up for all AIASF events (AIA San Francisco chapter members will automatically have a profile on the AIASF website). After logging into your account, complete your event registration by clicking the "Register" button at the top of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Registration for AIA San Francisco and Center for Architecture + Design events constitutes your agreement to the use of you and your guest(s) image or voice in event-related digital and print reproductions (photo/video/etc). If you do NOT agree, email email@example.com.