Did you know California Legislation SB1343 and AB 1825 mandate sexual harassment training to all firms with 5 or more employees (including temporary or seasonal employees)? Law requires at least 2 hours of training to all supervisory employees, and at least one hour to all non-supervisory employees. Training must be completed by January 1, 2020, and once every 2 years thereafter.
AIASF is offering an instructor-led training on Sexual Harassment prevention. This live-training is a fast-paced interactive program where you can learn from others, share your experiences, and fulfill your mandatory training requirements in one session.
Recent events in the news and social media are reminders about the prevalence of harassment in the workplace. Have you ever wondered about the following?
- My employee just did a great job and I gave her a pat on the back...is that ok?
- When I was walking down the hall, I overheard an employee telling a group of colleagues a pretty risqué joke. Everyone laughed so I didn't bother to tell him to stop. Did I do the right thing?
- No one wants to work with the guy who made a recent complaint. I tell everyone they don't have to. Is that the right answer?
- A co-worker swore me to secrecy about an inappropriate comment someone said to him - do I have to tell HR?
- What am I supposed to do if my employee comes to me with a complaint of harassment?
- It's so frustrating, it feels like we can't even give a co-worker a compliment anymore without worrying about being accused of harassment. Is it ever safe to give a compliment?
These are just some of the questions that will be answered during a highly interactive program called Preventing Workplace Harassment Building and Maintaining a Respectful Work Culture. Using case studies and real-life examples (and no power point) this fast-paced program focuses on understanding and preventing harassment and retaliation. The program also identifies other types of inappropriate conduct that might not violate the Anti-Harassment policy, but are, nonetheless unacceptable in the workplace. Special emphasis is placed on the importance of following harassment policy along with highlighting manager’s roles in handling complaints, assisting with internal investigations and being a proper role model.
Lunch and a certificate of completion will be included.
About the Instructor
Allison West, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Allison West, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP. Allison uses her employment law background, coupled with sound knowledge of human resource practices, in helping companies create a safe and respectful workplace. Allison has been delivering training for over 18 years to companies of all sizes around the country. She was recently on CBS This Morning discussing harassment and #MeToo and was quoted in the March 2018 edition of O Magazine.
Pricing + Registration
Non-Supervisory Session, 12:30 - 1:30 PM, Lunch and Certificate of Completion Included
- AIASF Member: $50
- General Admission: $75
First-time registrants: everyone is welcome to attend our programs. You do not need to be an AIA member to register, but you will need to create an account on the aiasf.org website to sign up for all AIASF events. After creating+logging into your account, complete your event registration by clicking the "Register" button at the top of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact the AIASF reception at email@example.com.
*Registration for AIA San Francisco and Center for Architecture + Design events constitutes your agreement to the use of you and your guest(s) image or voice in event-related digital and print reproductions (photo/video/etc). If you do NOT agree, email firstname.lastname@example.org.