AIASF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE COMMITTEE featured event; Second in a series of Panel discussions regarding Integrated Practice in the 21st Century: Panel Discussion regarding Level of Development BIM + Project documentation through Delivery and beyond.
Level of Development of project documents as influenced by BIM and project delivery methods. This panel discussion investigates:
- how project stakeholders currently use BIM models.
- what contracts say about BIM Models and what levels of development is required from designers at various phases.
- practical methods and programs to avoid redundancy
- how to manage scope and risk when sharing models during the life of a project
- How and when to integrate design assist into the model(s).
- leveraging Building Information Models (BIM) through Project Delivery, Facility Operations, continuity of Fire Life Safety + Accessibility documentation, and beyond
Discussions about use of BIM technology by project team members and how owners and operators can leverage the BIM information throughout the future life cycle of the building.
Panelists will be making presentations with Q+A discussion to follow. Networking at 6 and presentations start at 6:30.
Pricing and Registration
- AIASF Member: $10
- General Admission: $15
- AIASF Student Member: $5
If you have not already done so, please create an account on the aiasf.org website here (you will need this to sign up for all AIA events); AIASF members will automatically have a profile on the AIASF website. You do not need to be an AIA member to register with the website or to attend events - everyone is welcome. While logged into your account, complete your registration by clicking the "register" button at the top right of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact the AIASF reception at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for AIA San Francisco and Center for Architecture + Design events constitutes your agreement to the use of you and your guest(s) image or voice in event-related digital and print reproductions (photo/video/etc). If you do NOT agree, email email@example.com.
Photo credit: Istock/Rawpixel