Owners are faced with the challenge of easily managing spaces and assets beyond design and construction and into operations to successfully sustain and manage buildings ranging from Retail, Office, Lab/Healthcare, Transportation, and Airports. This session will cover how building information modeling (BIM) can enable you to create, manage, report, track, and import data on spaces, furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) across multiple building models. Learn how interoperability between BIM tools plays a major role in referencing and consuming building data in formats such as Revit, Sketchup, IFC, RFA, and COBie to reduce risks. See how you can leverage existing facilities data by promoting legacy 2D CAD graphics to intelligent building spaces and assets for space planning without modeling the entire facility in 3D, as well as how to combine drawings, maps, and models to create a common data environment of your campus.
- Discover the concept of “spatial containment” and the relationship between spaces and assets, and how it can be used to schedule, locate, compare, and classify FF&E by rooms, across multiple building models.
- Recognize the importance of interoperability to extend and re-use building information from multiple formats and classification systems.
- Observe the ability to promote legacy 2D CAD graphics into intelligent objects that can be compared and analyzed with similar type objects in other BIM models.
- Investigate the ability to link external documents, such as warranty and maintenance information, to any BIM object in the models, and/or drawings.
About the Presenter
Senior Application Specialist, Bentley Systems
Mark Enos is a Senior Application Specialist at Bentley Systems and is primarily focused on Bentley’s Solutions for Buildings and Facilities. Mark has spent almost 20-years at Bentley Systems, with 10-years previous industry experience as a Project Architect and CAD Manager at several leading design firms. Duties at Bentley Systems include certified product demonstrations, training, deployment and project coaching at variety of design and engineer firms, owner operators, and government agencies.
Pricing and Registration
- AIASF Member: $5
- General Admission: $10
- AIASF Student Member: Free
If you have not already done so, please create an account on the aiasf.org website here (you will need this to sign up for all AIA events); AIASF members will automatically have a profile on the AIASF website. You do not need to be an AIA member to register with the website or to attend events - everyone is welcome. While logged into your account, complete your registration by clicking the "register" button at the top right of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact the AIASF reception at firstname.lastname@example.org.