Join us for this self-guided tour of Reed House in Mill Valley from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No entry after 3:15 PM.
This year's Home Tour HQ takes place at Henrybuilt where you can pick up tickets, socialize, and hear a quick teaser about the featured home. Be sure to visit our partners at the Mill Valley Design District located across the street from the headquarters.
Schedule - 9:45 AM Doors open
REGISTRATION/CHECK-IN - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (HQ closes at 2 p.m.; last entry into the home is 3:15 p.m.)
Please go directly to Henrybuilt to register/check in; you will be provided the home location information as well as a wristband that will allow you access to the home.
SHUTTLE SERVICE - 10:30 a.m .to 4:30 p.m.
There will be continuous shuttle service to and from the showcased home.
Attendees must arrive at the HQ first in order to check in and access the home.
Please note that the tour is open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with no entry after 3:15 p.m.
MEET THE ARCHITECT - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m.
Meet the Architect presentation by Daniel Weaver (361 Architecture) about the project.
PARKING – Home Tour HQ: Henrybuilt, 356 Miller Avenue
Although there will be no construction actually taking place near Henrybuilt, this year’s Home Tour HQ, please note that there is a construction zone in the area but there is public parking available. No parking is available at the home.
Home Tour Supporting Sponsor
Pacific Sash & Design is a boutique firm, founded in the Bay Area, that provides material supply, consult, design, and construction services to the luxury and high-performance building markets. Their staff is a group of building industry professionals, focused on creating sound, elegant, turn-key solutions for architects, builders, and homeowners by managing projects from conceptual design phase all the way to move-in date. They pride themselves on approaching their industry as a craft that requires continual refinement, personal development, a pursuit of well examined knowledge, and strong partnerships with subject matter experts. They believe this approach is also echoed in their product offerings that include custom windows, doors, hardware, weather barrier systems, insulation, tools, fasteners, etc., which can be viewed by appointment in their Peninsula showroom.
About the Home: Reed House – Mill Valley
This Mill Valley project features a groundbreaking prefabricated bamboo panel structural wall system that eliminates traditional wood framing. The clients sought a design that complemented not only their environmental ethic but also their need for a healthy home. 361 Architecture assembled a collaborative team that worked together to develop a solution that met the clients’ needs. The result is a highly sustainable, super energy efficient and healthy home with net zero energy goals. The project concept focused on wrapping the buildings and gardens around the central patio and pool, with views from each room. At the north end of the patio sits a detached studio comprised of two parts: an artist studio and a writing studio, supporting the respective professions of the clients.
The list of goals included:
- Solar power
- Super energy efficient building envelope
- A focus on sustainable building materials
- Gray water reuse system
- Drought resistant landscaping with bioswales to protect the adjacent creek
About the Reed House Design Team
Daniel Weaver | 361 Architecture
Gary Roth | Roth LaMotte Landscape Architecture
David Hill | Spellbound Construction
Katie Hollbacher | Beyond Efficiency
About Home Tour HQ
Henrybuilt was founded in 2001 to create the first American kitchen 'system'. Winner of over 20 international design awards, the company's primary goal is to produce the best kitchen and whole house furniture and storage systems in the world, based on an ideal combination of system development, personal tailoring, craft quality and design service. Henrybuilt operates showrooms in New York and Mill Valley, and and a 45,000-square-foot production facility in Seattle. They have completed over 4000 projects for clients throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Home Tour Supporting Sponsor
Pricing and Registration
- AIASF Member: $20
- General Admission + onsite sales: $30
- AIASF Student Member: $15
If you have not already done so, please create an account on the aiasf.org website here (you will need this to sign up for all AIA events); AIASF members will automatically have a profile on the AIASF website. You do not need to be an AIA member to register with the website or to attend events - everyone is welcome. While logged into your account, complete your registration by clicking the "register" button at the top right of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact the AIASF reception at email@example.com.
Home Tour Regulations + Guidelines
- Note that due to the hilly nature of the terrain, the showcased home is not ADA accessible. Moderate walking is required to get to the showcased home.
- NO children under 12 years of age are permitted on the tour.
- NO photography is allowed anywhere on the tour in an effort to protect our partner's privacy.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes; You will not be required to remove your shoes prior to entering the house however please wear clean foot apparel.
- Do NOT open anything that is closed or make use of any of the furniture.
- Do NOT bring food or drinks into the home.
- Do NOT smoke in the featured home.
- Restrooms in the featured home are NOT available for public use.
- Parking is not available at the home. Please follow our recommendations and park where requested. Continuous shuttle service will be available from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Carpooling is encouraged.
- Tickets are transferable but are non-refundable.
- Tour goes on rain or shine.