REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
In the wake of the recent Equifax data breach, we should all be reminded of the fact that a determined criminal organization (or perhaps a single, criminal-minded individual) can (and usually WILL) find and exploit just about any hole in a network’s security. That said, there are various ways that an organization can reduce its attractiveness as a target for hackers, fraudsters, thieves, etc. This session will focus on common (and emerging) cybersecurity threats and methods for building layers of security to help mitigate those risks. This session will also focus on vulnerabilities that are specific to architecture firms such as joint ventures (JV), securely sharing large files/models, customer data on laptops, etc.
- How to assess your firm’s current cybersecurity risk profile based on current and emerging cyberthreats.
- How to deploy your available resources (money, people, technologies, etc.) to help avoid data breaches.
- How to create and implement a data breach incident response (IR) plan for the inevitable data breach.
- Understanding ancillary topics such as cyber-liability/data breach insurance, legal and/or compliance requirements, cybersecurity forensics professionals, etc.
About the Speaker
Founder, Redshift Consulting, Inc.
Danny has over 20-years’ experience in technology including roles in both “traditional IT” as well as web application development. As a Managed Services Provider (MSP), Danny has spent the last 9-years assisting small business owners and non-profits secure their data as well as manage all their other ongoing IT needs. Redshift Consulting, Inc. focuses its work on professional services firms such as architects, accountants, attorneys, etc.
Pricing and Registration
- AIASF Member: $5
- General Admission: $10
- AIASF Student Member: Free
If you have not already done so, please create an account on the aiasf.org website here (you will need this to sign up for all AIA events); AIASF members will automatically have a profile on the AIASF website. You do not need to be an AIA member to register with the website or to attend events - everyone is welcome. While logged into your account, complete your registration by clicking the "register" button at the top right of this page.
If you have any difficulties creating a profile on the AIASF website, logging in, or registering for an event, please contact the AIASF reception at firstname.lastname@example.org.